Sunday, May 4, 2008

Miami Whitewater Forest: Badlands Trail Inner Loop 5/4/2008

First of all, the Oakleaf and Parcours trails are still closed at Miami Whitewater Forest for repairs. I posted a picture of the sign and fence in front of the Oakleaf Trail.


Oakleaf Trail Closed for Repairs

Today, I did not have a lot of time for walking, but decided to check out Miami Whitewater Forest again. I re-walked the inner loop of the Badlands Trail and went to check out the Oakleaf and Parcours trails, but both were still closed. The nearby restroom area was re-opened, though.

With the three kids in tow, I decided not to attempt the longer outer loop of the Badlands Trail, which is 1.6 miles. I want to get back here by myself someday soon, so I can walk the whole trail. The Badlands Trail is one of my favorites here.

The trail looks much like it did in April, when I made a post here after my walk then. It is a little greener now, and there are a few more animals and a bee here and there.

No comments: